Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Witches Ball Slippers and Gifts


Looking for sweet little girl shoes is one of my favorite pastimes when I scavenge the Salvation Army on Wednesdays. Finding these adorable shoes became a pair of "Marie Antoinette and Her Masquerade Witches Ball" slippers as one of my first gifts to Kathy during the Sweet and Sinister Swap.



Then I created this "inchie" art journal from a composition book using these beautiful images purchased from Kirsi. I really adore her style! Next, I proceeded to embellish the inside covers. By using a wide band of black lace, it became a pocket for some of my "Day of the Dead" tags.

And to continue with something sweet, I filled a vintage canning jar with gummy worms and placed a very sinister label from "Love Manor" to identify it's contents.

My sweet sister, Peg, painted and designed this adorable black "Cat Rock." She lives in northern Michigan on Lake Superior, and she and my mom have a quaint gift shop during the summer. They only stay open during the warmer months, ending their season the day after "Starry Starry Night", which is the day after Thanksgiving. I am helping her create her own blog, but the distance between us presents a challenge. You may discover some things for your holiday gift-giving by visiting their online store by clicking on The Crystal Pinecone Gift Shoppe.



Of course, I had to package up a few of my "signature" dishcloths. The pattern was featured in a past issue of Somerset "Life." It is also available online by visiting Homespun Living. Deb does a fabulous job knitting, sewing, and is clearly another Martha. I enjoy reading her blog very much.


And last, but not least, was a "Scary Fairy." I am getting pretty good on sewing their little tutu skirts. Kathy thanked me profusely for my handiwork. I had a grand time creating things for her, and you can see what she sent me in the next post.

Happy Haunting,
Nancy

9 comments:

Willnnabel said...

Wow Nancy, What great things you have been making. Love the little shoes, and your journals! Glad you had fun with those labels (I know I did).

Beedeebabee said...

You are one busy lady! All of your Halloween goodies are sooo cute, and I love your sisters cat rock! =D

Elizabeth Golden said...

Love the shoes! and the inchie journal - fab!

snowbear said...

Nancy, everything was just fabulous... I enjoyed it all so much and it is all displayed proudly..with the exception of the chocolate!! :)

Your projects look even better in person.. thank you again for a wonderful swap!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness what fabulous art work. I could spend hours on your blog looking at your amazing collage and art. Beautiful !!
I am off to see if you have an add to follow gadget
hugs June xxx

Moniqui said...

I love what i see on your beautiful blog! I am now a follower! The shoes are adorable!

Her Art Nest said...

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments. I have been so "into" the Halloween season this year. You are so welcome Kathy......love what I received too. Hugs, Nan

Unknown said...

OH MY GOODNESS Nancy what a wonderful wonderful swap! Anyone who recieves something from you is truly blessed.
I do believe the shoes are my very favorite.
This is just AWSOME!
XXXOOOO
Becky

Dr. Denise Tucker said...

Beautiful, beautiful blog! Thank you for creating it!

http://rileycoyotecreations.blogspot.com/