Monday, October 26, 2009

Hostess Halloween Candy Gift


I really enjoyed assembling these colorful candy canisters as hostess gifts for my nieces yesterday. It was easy to prepare them from recycled glass jars purchased from the Salvation Army as Halloween hostess gifts.

I did a little digital magic by altering a downloaded label, and adding new words that I enjoyed from one of Christine Edward's "Wicked Halloween Swap" gifts from Val. I wrapped them with clear cellophane, gathered them at the top, and tied with black raffia. They were really accepted with great enthusiasm! Thanks, Christine and Val, for your inspiration!

6 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

How wonderful!!! I would love to receive one of these, how thoughtful of you to do something special for the hostesses. :)
~ Autumn Clark
http://autumnsantics.blogspot.com/

snowbear said...

A perfect Halloween hostess treat! Love the label too!!

Molly Anne said...

Dehagification - hahaaaa I LOVE it!

Weathered & Worn said...

Very clever, they look great! I should do some thing simular for my Grandkids!

Yarni Gras! said...

heehee! Your labels look SO much better than mine! I wish I nnew how to do that! As for the 'words' of inspiration, can't you just see a witch saying "Dang, I need to de-hagify myself! Thanks!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How cute! I put candy in small jars but didn't put labels on! So much cuter with labels! Great idea!