Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Gift to Jennifer


There are a million reasons why I love Halloween. It's probably one of the best days of the year to show off your imagination. You can be someone else for a day, wear a costume, and this craziness always leads to even more conversation.

I also like it because it is just plain fun to buy and get all the candy! I love the smell of the chocolate wafting through the wrappers, when it sits by your front door waiting for all the kids to come knocking for the big giveaway.

And, let's not forget about all the fabulous scary movies that come out in the theaters, or the awesome movie marathons on TV. How about the ghost stories? I just love watching "Ghost Hunters." I love listening to the cool "oldies" Halloween music, and there is the decorating! This was part of my swap to Jennifer Wells, for my "Wicked Halloween Swap." In addition to the above, I threw in a couple of boxes of M & M peanut and regular candies, 3 orange and black polka dot pencils, some clear witch and spooky rubber stamps, a "Ghost Crossing" sign from a local craft store, and an orange glass votive pumpkin.

Seriously, I don't understand how some people don't like Halloween. I could go on and on.


2 comments:

JANN said...

very nice halloween package.
it is fun to celebrate this holiday, so many good memories remembering way back when I use to trick or treat. hope your Boo day is extra special for you this year Nancy.
Love your art work.

Willnnabel said...

She must have been very happy to have such a generous and creative partner!!! I love that you received such neat treats, I know you put a lot of thought and time into your pieces.