Saturday, March 07, 2009

Quite A Productive Day

I got my "act" together early this morning, had breakfast with my hubby, and made a dash over to my friend Deb's house before Noon. It rained like the monsoons today, including thunder and lightning. Driving over to her house was just a blur due to my slow driving, drinking my coffee, and the usual Dodge Ram truck, that always seems to be following me when I am notoriously overcautious in bad weather. I wanted to check out her newly completed art studio (which I must say is just beautiful), and to just plain socialize. She had just posted her latest photo for "Pink Saturday," and we spoiled ourselves with some pink frosted sugar cookies and coffee. What a delightful treat for me!

Later we walked over to the neatest yarn shop right on her street. I was in heaven touching all the silken fibers, thinking about new knitting projects, and maybe even taking a needle felting class in the future. It seems like we are always finding ways to inspire ourselves in new directions.

I have been also dreaming of making myself a "Apron-ology" style apron. If you haven't picked up this new Somerset magazine, it is pure eye candy. Choosing the fabric is my biggest dilemma. Last Wednesday, I browsed our local thrift store, and purchased a used wedding dress. Just thought to myself, why not make something wonderful out of someones special day? Or maybe it wasn't, if it was hanging on the bargain rack! It is encrusted with a sequined and beaded lace border, so you can just imagine what I might come up with. Maybe a short little hostess apron!


I have been taking the latest digital collage class with Creative Workshops. Here is my second photo of the collage we were taught. I know I need a lot of practice. I haven't quite got the hang of the correct brush size to erase unwanted edges of layers in Photoshop Elements. I guess, with any type of artwork, there is always the repetitive motion that you have to perfect. I am imagining all kinds of ways to manipulate my hoarded vintage images into new artwork! I can hardly wait for next week for the final phase of our class. I wonder if she may even teach a intermediate class after this one? It is so addictive.

10 comments:

♥zoe♥ said...

Hi Nancy, sound like you are having a good time with your girlfriend:)
Isn't digital collage very fun to play with especially you can always apply on your blog.

XOXO
Zoe

Terri said...

Sounds like you two two the most of an other wise misereble day. Had you been to the yarn store before? with your knitting it seems to be right up your alley.
I'm on the same page with you about the apron. I want to recycle some old dresses. I had copies and saved some of the photos from one of the sites that showed a few of them to tease us about the magazine coming out. The wedding dress sounds like a real find.
Your digital collage looks great!
I personally need more practice! Perhaps Gail will offer a intermediate class.
Oh Man you got to eat those Yummy cookies Hope you have a great day and a good week.

Heather Robinson said...

Oh, is there anything better than time with arting friends? I'm glad you had such a wonderful day. I love your newest piece. Aren't online courses divine? I look forward to seeing more of your digital collages.

Unknown said...

Nancy this collage is just stunning I LOVE IT!!!!! I always enjoy so much visiting your blog. So I am awarding you with 2 awards. GO to my blog and pick them up:)
XXXX
Becky

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway! Good luck! It sounds like you had a great day with your friend. I miss our yarn store terribly. They had the most luscious yarns. Your digital art looks great to me. I need how to use my Photoshop Elements more.

MaygreenFairies said...

Hey Nancy, Your Saturday sounds wonderful, wouldn't it be lovely if we all lived closer, what fantastic arty get togethers we'd have! Your lastest Digital Art Piece is gorgeous, it reminded me of my last trip to Venice three years ago! Mandy x

Unknown said...

Pretty Interesting Enjoyed reading it nice post..

seo company

. said...

nice posting..........its always great reading such posts, this post is good in regards of both knowledge as well as information. movers and packers in pune

. said...

It was a very nice idea! Just wanna say thank you for the information you have shared. Just continue writing this kind of post. I will be your loyal reader. Thanks again.
packers and movers Mumbai

top MBA colleges in India said...

This is a nice website