Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Seaside Dreams Goes Country

For me the beach has always been my place of solitude. Even though I live more than a thousand miles away from the nearest ocean, my dear husband has provided me with many vacations in my lifetime where I plopped myself down on a beach chair and scanned the sparkling sea. Just having my feet in the sand is all I need to rejuvenate and begin anew. I love old things and if something isn't old, I like to make it appear as if it is. My "Seaside Dreams" collaborative art journal features old vintage beach photos. On Saturday, July 19th, I finally passed my art journal to the next artist to begin her magic. We had a grand day beginning by shopping at "Country View" Bulk Foods (really outstanding items), owned by the Mennonite community, then next to "Erla's" in Cass City, and finally back to Kim's house settled peacefully in the country. We began by working on two projects, however we only finished our altered CD clocks, which turned out beautiful. Hopefully, we will get those fans done for our next meeting. I can't wait to show you them. They are fantastic!

1 comment:

Willnnabel said...

Lovely! Bad pic of me with a "cheese" face though. Glad you had a good time. I did not even finish my clock yet. I am trying to get Vicky's journal from her even as we speak.