Sunday, November 06, 2011

Pretty Gift Card Holders

Packaging gifts is something I like to do. I do have some loved ones that are hard to buy for or prefer giftcards or cash. I love to give people what they really want, but I look for ways to make it special. Call me fussy, I just challenged myself for unique ways of giving giftcards and cash.

I simply cut two squares of fabric (good side outward), stitched around three sides leaving an opening, and then used pinking shears to add a pretty edge. I didn't want the giftcard to take center stage, but rather blend in nicely with the paper art. Embellishing each pocket with a scalloped 1-1/2" edge on the end of the opening, and the latest images from Moonlight Journey called "Vintage Angels" work beautiful for Christmas gifts. Just imagine the possibilities, It's a great way to use up some tiny scraps of paper too!

I'll tell you that if you are making one, it's addictive. I started out making nine, and made six more that I want to coffee stain. This is a great project to make in mass so that you have gift holders on hand when you bring that giftcard home from the grocery store.

CREDITS: Lisa Super at anartsygirl.blogspot.com. and MOONLIGHT JOURNEY "Vintage Angels"

6 comments:

Jenny said...

How wonderful Nancy... I love your gorgeous gift card holders... they are so pretty and such a fabulous idea... thanks for sharing...

Jenny x

Terri Kahrs said...

So pretty! These are little gifts that will become treasures! Hugs, Terri

Heavens2Betsy said...

These are such fantastic gift/holders. Who wouldn't be delighted to receive one of these lovely creations? Penny

Peg Woropay said...

You cease to amaze me with your wondeful Christmas tag creations every year,and now this new gift card idea. You did it again!

snowbear said...

Nancy I LOVE your gift card holders! They are beautiful!!! I see you've been busy!

Waseem said...

The holder act same like Gift Card envelopes...Who wouldn't be delighted to receive these creations.