Monday, November 07, 2011

My Favorite Christmas Things Bracelet

Inspiration can come from almost anything. For me, it's color, vintage images, and family. I can remember when I was in third grade sitting in front of our Christmas tree with a brand new dollie. Her name was Beverly, and at the time, I thought that name was just awesome.

What I typically do with my jewelry creations is to start with a focal point, something that's special to me, and then I add some beads to complement the color of that image. What is so easy is using one of the Christmas images called "My Favorite Christmas Things" from Moonlight Journey. All of my beads are from local craft stores, except the rectangle resin bead.

Me and my sister, Peg, 1955

I hope you will try making one of your own pieces using these sweet holly jolly images!

2 comments:

Peg Woropay said...

your bracelet is just awesome! I love the colors and the focal bead...just so very cool Hey, and those 2 little kids are too cute.

snowbear said...

What a great picture!! I had a doll like that too... Great job on the bracelet!