Friday, December 17, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Yesterday we spent almost four hours traveling across and back the upper peninsula on our way to Marquette to do last minute holiday shopping. There is not much salt applied to roads up here, mostly sand. It looks rather slippery, however, it is not. Our first stop was the North Pole, in Christmas, Michigan. My mom had her Christmas cards to mail. How cool is that to have your greeting cards postmarked with "Christmas, Michigan" on every envelope?

Check out these street signs!

Our holiday visit is rapidly coming to an end. My dear husband has been so patient with three ladies for the week, driving us all over the place. He usually refers to me as "Miss Daisy" when asked what have you been doing this week with those back home. Tomorrow we will have to sadly pack up again on our long drive home to southern Michigan. We will, of course, stop in Mancelona to visit my daughter, Amy, and her husband Derek to spend a few days enjoying each other's company playing cards and more Christmas celebration.

I am keeping warm and knitting some last minute gifts for family back at home. I think it may be time for some of my sister's fabulous hot chocolate. Jim Carey's movie "A Christmas Carol" is scheduled for tonight's viewing pleasure.


4 comments:

snowbear said...

Nancy we always hate to leave, but it's always nice to get back home.. sounds like you had a great time.. hope you had a safe trip!

Weathered & Worn said...

Merry Christmas-Christmas Michigan!

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

Your North Pole photo is delightful! My brother lives in Allegan, MI.

Merry Christmas!
Poster Print Giveaway: Let My Spirit Live

Her Art Nest said...

Thank you for your sweet comments. Have a holly jolly Christmas! Hugs, Nancy