Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Fair Lady File Folders

My desk is usually cluttered with all sorts of papers. In between working my regular secretarial home-based real estate job, I squeeze in a little bit of time each day to work on my art between normal business hours.

Some days the shuffling of paperwork can be just plain monotonous, so I thought to myself: wouldn't it be wonderful to create a few file folders to help me do my job more efficiently AND make beautiful art. File cabinets contain some really boring topics, and rarely see the light of day when we slip a piece of paper into the inside. These pieces of art look great just setting on my desktop. I feel they are just too special to hide away. I am hoping to complete a set of file folders that read, "To Do," "Mail," "File," "Urgent," and "To Be Paid."

These sweet gorgeous lady images were designed by Moonlight Journey. They are a digital pack set of over 25 images called "My Fair Lady." Each women's image measures from 3 to 5 inches. There are 12 women, 6 vintage ads, postcards, labels and more. I used a free motion stitch surrounding the form of each woman that was attached to tulle. Then attached the fabric to book text. The letters for each tab are from magazine article titles. What a wonderful way to "dress up" your workspace!

I really like how these file folders sprung from just a plain manila folder!

8 comments:

Debby said...

Gorgeous!!!! What a great idea.
Debby

Willnnabel said...

These would be wonderful to see when I open a file cabinet at work! Lovely Nanacy!

Terri Kahrs said...

OMG! These are fabulous!!! Hugs, Terri

Her Art Nest said...

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment earlier. For some reason, they suddenly vanished...spooky! :) Nancy

Jingle said...

These are gorgeous!!! I love them!

Peg Woropay said...

Your decorated files are so lovely.I like your idea how you used the stitching details around the ladies.So cool.

snowbear said...

Nancy these files are beautiful.. you did such an inspiring job... I bet it makes a mundane job seem a little more enjoyable!

Queen Bee said...

WOW! How beautiful your files are! Mine are decorated in manilla and they are very boring!