Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Inspiration from Across the Country

When I first started seriously blogging, I began to receive sweet comments from my "imaginary" friend, Becky. I used to think quite a bit about her, where she lived, where she created her amazing pieces of art, and basically, I just loved her style. Her words were powerful, and they encouraged me.

As time passed, I would link to her very colorful blog, and think to myself "I wish I could do that!" I loved her little girl images, her mysterious backgrounds, her poetry, and the mood of her pieces. I would visit her blog practically every day, and dream about the art she posted. Sometimes we would coincidentally have the same background on our blogs. It was rather funny! Then I started commenting back, and we exchanged a few "Awards."

Today, I have turned some of my work towards the things I love about Becky's style. I couldn't believe it when she opened her own shop and started selling her own digital collage sheets. I was in heaven! It seems like I have known Becky for ages, but we have only known each other for a blip in time.

You can imagine my surprise, when I received this gorgeous bookmark in the mail this past weekend. She wrote on the package "Happy Valentine's Day.....sending sweet Valentine wishes your way." ~ Becky. I feel so honored to own this original piece of artwork from my friend who lives half across the country. I am so glad we met this way, but a little sad that I may never meet her in person during my lifetime. Thank heavens for artful blogging!

4 comments:

Lori Saul said...

What a wonderful story and gorgeous bookmark- the wonders and enrichments from blogging never cease to amaze me- lovely post!

paru's_circle said...

;-)
lovely bookmark, enjoy reading your posts. hugs.Px

snowbear said...

What a sweet story! The internet holds endless inspiration. It's great to be able to meet others who appreciate your work and inspire you on to perfection.

Terri said...

One of the many good things that come from blogging. Meeting such wonderful people like Becky. And of course the inspiration we receive from one another.