Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ravelry Knitting


Joining Ravelry is amazing and it's free! I have been checking out some of the most gorgeous knitting projects, plus there are patterns for most of them. In between my other art projects, I have been knitting these microfiber dishcloths. I stumbled into one of our local knitting stores called Skeins on Main, where there was a bargain bin. Naturally, I grabbed enough for three dishcloths. This lovely luxury yarn is a blend of 65% cotton and 35% microfiber called Jo Sharp Aran Cotton. It feels wonderful as you are handknitting a project. My all time favorite dishcloth pattern was graciously shared by Homespun Living.

My other project that has been seriously frustrating me is a pair of mittens. I finally completed my first error free right hand. I now have four (yes four!!) right hands done, all different colors, all different sizes. Maybe I need another hand? But, for crying out loud, my brain had turned to mush and needed a break from the mittens for a day. Now, I have one left hand to go. I can't wait to show you in a few days. They are an amazing pair of mittens.

Nan

8 comments:

Willnnabel said...

Can't wait to see them Nancy. I love the cloths you made. Thank you for sharing.

Leslie said...

Great dish clothes, I tried to teach myself to knit once a long time ago. But, it was a no do for me. Sigh ! They look really soft.

Cheers !

Terri said...

Seems like these are too pretty to use for dihes. Can you pack a few so we can see them at the Art Group meeting?

Thanks for the compliment about the old paintings.

Terri said...

oopse that should of been dishes

MaygreenFairies said...

Ohhh can't wait to see them now! I really enjoy browsing your blog, love the music. I will be back. (Oh and thank you so much for your lovely comments on my latest blog post xx).

Willnnabel said...

Hmmm, what a nice new backround on your blog. I see you had fun.

Her Art Nest said...

Yes, I was playing around with "Background Fairy." For some reason I could not get "Cutest Blog on the Blog" to work, even when it came back online. It kept asking for a password. I never did go back to see if they fixed that issue. Thanks for noticing my new look. Those programs are SO addictive and fun!

homespun living said...

Beautiful job! So glad that you are enjoying the pattern. ~Deb