Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Art Weekend at My Hacienda


What could be better than spending a creative weekend with a group of women? That's right....nothing could be finer! On September 12th through the 14th, my art group is meeting at my house to make a very sweet ATC frame holder and to continue on projects that remain unfinished. And, boy do I have those! My main concern is wrapping up my "Mad Tea Party" journal and my acrylic photo album inspired by Donna Downey. Then I still have my Mexican fabric art journal waiting in limbo. The theme of our weekend will have a Mexican flair, including food inspired from south of the border, traditional (and mandatory) Margaritas, and beautiful Latin music. I'm sure a lengthy conversation will continue on how we all loved the Invoke Art Stamps we purchased at the last rubberstamp show in Novi. There were just lovely images for Frida Kahlo, shrines and frames, the holiday Dia de los Muertos or "Day of the Dead," our Lady of Guadalupe, and santos galore. We all tend to play off eachother, each lending a "punch" to our artistic madness. It will definitely be a glorious weekend traveling on our magical journey to Mexico and more.

1 comment:

Willnnabel said...

Nancy, I just love that fabric journal. I cannot wait till that weekend. It will feel good to get away and finish up some of these projects. (and Margaritas too!!! hmmm I wonder if I will get anything done)