Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Heritage Inspired Calendar

 William Jasper VanHoose
Great Grandfather

As the family gets older, I find it harder and harder to come up with great holiday presents for them.  Their wish list basically consists of money (um perhaps no) or gift cards (not as bad but pretty boring).  Since I am usually fond of creating something myself, I came up with the idea of making a calendar of our ancestors.  Of course, with a little bit of help using Creative Memories software and Reminisce packages, my task became pretty easy.
 Charley C. VanHoose, Jr.
Father

I love going back in time, remembering the time I spent visiting our family down in West Virginia near the railroad tracks.  I can't believe it when I say, it was truly a steam locomotive that past.  Man, am I getting old or what! 


This desk style calendar uses free images from Astrid's Creative Efforts.  Her blog is fabulous!  Thanks for dropping by, my blogging friends.

Take care,
Nancy


1 comment:

LookingGlassAntiques said...

I just purchased a WWII bracelet identified to a C Van Hoose. I'm guessing it once belonged to your father. I see that he was a Marine Raider in WWII. Is there any way to tell if this bracelet was actually his?