Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Annie Oakley Album

I wanted to give my sister, Peg, something a little special for her birthday this year. Since I had taken the KC Willis Collage Camp more than a year ago, I thought this would make the perfect gift. Inside are pages for a guest register to use in my sister and mom's little store named The Crystal Pinecone Gift Shoppe in Grand Marais, Michigan. She lives in the upper peninsula less than a mile from Lake Superior.

Their shop has an array of softies, painted bottles, jars, knitted and crocheted garments, and painted rocks depicting scenes of the great "up north." Stop on over and view some of Peg's unique crocheted softies of bears, cats, and even a couple of Halloween souls. You can contact her blog for additional information. It is so much fun to stop in their shop and see what they create during the long winter months.

4 comments:

Peg Woropay said...

Hi, Nance,
Oh my goodness...the Annie Oakley Guest book you gave me for my birthday! I love that guest register. It is just so very awesome!!!!!!!
I know other people are going to love it as well that come this summer. Thank you for the "plug" about the shopppe.
Mom and I had a BLAST this past weekend with you guys.

Willnnabel said...

This is gorgeous! I have been lucky enought to have seen it close up! Outstanding Nancy. What a talented family! (love Isabels Ghost, I want her)

Jingle said...

This is so beautiful! What a wonderful gift! It looks like she loves it, too, so that's always great!

Lori said...

Gorgeous! Fab artwork! I had to say, that, the UP is one of my favorite spots to visit, especially fond of Pictured Rocks, so lovely. I think I was thru Grand Marais at one point, it was years ago, though. Lake Superior shore has so many great rocks, I just love rock collecting up there. Great memories!